Friday, June 17, 2011

Farm life

I think I am really lucky to be able to live in the country. Don't have a big cattle ranch or dairy farm, just a small piece of land to grow a garden and enjoy the outdoors.
Not everyone will agree with me and some of you enjoy the city life with the restaurants and activities.
Isn't it great that we have all the different options so we can choose the one we like best.
The picture is one of my strawberry plants in blossom. Can't wait for the berries to ripen and eat. Many never get to the house as we snack right in the garden on the fresh berries.
We can pick the apples off the trees and eat the fresh tomatoes right off the plants.
It is peaceful to just take a break and walk around for a few minutes or picnic in the yard.
There is so much in the country to inspire crafters but now we need to get inside and actually make some new things.
Anyone else enjoy the country life too or are you a city person?
The most important thing is we are happy where we are.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to enjoy the country life. Unfortunately, I live in the city. But I love my flower and vegetable garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up out in the country. Just like you, we didn't live on a farm, just a little piece of land. I wouldn't have changed my country-living childhood for anything in the world. I attribute the majority of my creativity and imagination to the fact that we made up our own games and spent every day that wasn't raining outdoors playing.

    I've since moved to an apartment in the city, but when the time comes for my fiance and I to look for a house, I've already told him I'll be searching for something out in the country. :)

    ReplyDelete